Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro is one of the best phones released by Xiaomi. It has a stunning design and is packed with awesome features.
It doesn’t matter how awesome the device is; you will get bored, or you will get the temptation to upgrade to the latest android.
You need an Unlocked Bootloader to root Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro or install custom ROMs.
If you don’t unlock your phone’s bootloader, it will be impossible to root it and install custom ROMs or any other mods. So, you might be wondering, is there any easy way to do it? Well Yes.
If you want to install a custom ROM on your phone because its slow or due to any other issue, we have covered Common Problems and Solutions of Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro go through it once, most probabbly we have shared the solution to your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro’s issue.
In this article, we will show you how to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro.
With the help of this method, you can Root install custom ROMs, kernels, and other mods on your device.
This method is very easy to follow and does not require any technical knowledge.
Sounds good? Let’s dive in.
- 1 What is a bootloader?
- 2 Warnings
- 3 Prerequisites
- 4 How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi
- 5 About Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions
- 7 Conclusion
What is a bootloader?
A bootloader is the first software loaded on your device. After that, the manufacturer usually locks it to ensure that no one else can modify the system without permission.
Bootloaders are responsible for loading the operating system kernel (OS) into memory. If there is an error or the OS is corrupt, a bootloader can help you restore the system to a known good state.
When we say "unlock the bootloader," we mean to unlock the security that prevents us from installing mods in it.
This is done by replacing the existing bootloader with a custom one. This means that your phone will boot any file we want it to, not just the files that are already on your device.
The disadvantage of Unlocking Bootloader
As mentioned earlier, the bootloader is not accessible by the user and thus cannot be tampered with. The bootloader prevents tampering and prevents users from installing third-party apps, such as rooted apps.
For example, if your phone’s bootloader is locked and you forcefully install a custom ROM, your phone will not startup. This will happen because the custom ROM has overridden the boot sequence of the phone.
Not to forget that an unlocked bootloader is a security issue.
Unlocking the bootloader is a good idea only if you want to install custom ROMs, kernels, or other mods on your device.
Unlocking the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro is very easy as Xiaomi itself has developed the method.
However, there are a few things you should be aware of before unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro.
- After the bootloader is unlocked, your phone will be wiped clean. You will lose all your phones data such as Contacts, Pictures, SMS, Call logs, and more. Make sure to backup everything before you proceed.
- If you unlock your device’s bootloader, you will lose your warranty, and you will be responsible if things go wrong. And you will also have to take care of the issues you might encounter after doing it.
In any case, you should take the necessary precautions to avoid any such issues.
First, make sure that you have a backup of all your important files.
If you follow this process, you will unlock your device properly.
- Computer to install Xiaomi Unlock Tool
- Internet connection on the computer to install and sign in to Xiaomi Unlock Tool
- Xiaomi Unlock Tool, to Unlock Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro, Download it from here
- A SIM card with Internet connectivity installed on Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro
- USB Cable to connect your phone to the computer
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi
Unlocking Bootloader is typically a long process, but don't worry; This step-by-step guide aims to make it quick and easy for you. By following the official, well-researched method outlined in this guide, you will be able to successfully unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro.
Step 1: Sign in to the Mi Account
- First, go to settings and sign in to your Mi Account. If you don’t have one, you need to create one.
- In your Mi account, tap on Xiaomi Cloud.
- Then, enable the “Find Device” and “Quick Sync” options.
Step 2: Enable OEM unlocking and Mi Unlock Status
Enable Developer Options
Head over to the Settings App of your phone, scroll down and tap on “About phone,” and then keep tapping on “Build number” until you see the “You are now a Developer” popup.
Enable OEM Unlock, USB Debugging, and Mi Unlock
- Open the Settings App of your phone.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and then tap on Developer Options.
- Inside Developer options, enable “OEM unlocking,” “USB debugging,” and then tap on “Mi Unlock Status.”
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions and tap on “Add account and device.” You will get the “Added successfully” message.
Note: Use your mobile data instead of Wifi before enabling Mi Unlock Status. If you see any error like “Couldn’t verify,” re-add your Mi account. It takes around 168 hours to unlock, so you must wait for that period but make sure you don’t sign out of your Mi account.
Step 3: Signing in to Mi Unlock Tool
- Run the “Mi Unlock Tool” that you downloaded in the prerequisites section.
- Now, sign in using your Mi account details.
Step 4: Boot into Fastboot mode and connect your phone Computer
- Turn your phone off.
- Long press “Volume down” + “Power button” of your Xiaomi phone simultaneously until you see Fastboot on your Xiaomi’s screen.
- Connect your phone to a PC with a USB Cable.
Step 5: Unlocking Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader
- The Mi Unlock tool will show you whether your device is connected. If it doesn’t, then check the cable connection and USB Drivers.
- Once connected, click on unlock button. If you get “Please unlock 168 hours later. And do not add your account,” then sadly, you need to wait for 168 hours or seven days; there is no other way. After seven days, repeat the process from Step 4.
- The unlocking process will start and complete in no time.
- Finally, your device will reboot.
Now that your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro’s bootloader is unlocked, you can Root your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro and install any mods, ROMs, Kernels, etc.
About Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro
Redmi K40 Pro was launched by Xiaomi, on 2021. It was launched with Android 1112. The Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro features a Snapdragon 888 5G chipset with 6-12GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage, no card slot. In addition, it sports a 6.67" Screen with a resolution of 1080x2400 pixels.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you unlock Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader?
Yes, the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader can be unlocked; we have created a detailed guide that will help you unlock your Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader.
Can I lock an unlocked Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader?
Yes, you can lock the bootloader again. Locking the bootloader again also restores the warranty from Xiaomi.
Can I unlock the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader without losing data?
Earlier it was possible to unlock a bootloader without losing data with a trick, but the trick has been patched and does not work anymore, so now there is no way to do so.
Can I unlock Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader without PC?
No, the Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro bootloader requires adb tools, which run on Windows and Mac; hence it is impossible to unlock the bootloader without a PC.
We have now come to the end of this article. I hope you liked this article and learned a few things.
If you have any questions or want to share any other information, you can comment below. You can also ask any questions that you want to know about the device in the comments section. We will be glad to answer your questions.
Do you know any other method to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi K40 Pro? If so, share it with us in the comments section.